Over 25 Years
Workplace Health & Safety Policy
Whitcon company policy is to provide safe working conditions for all stakeholders (employees, subcontractors, suppliers, clients, unions) throughout its operations. We will do this by recognising our legal responsibility to employees, contractors, clients and visitors to worksites. All of our policies can be found on our WH&S system disk, a copy of which can be provided if required.
- Implement a procedure to identify, assess and control WH&S hazards in our workplaces. This will be undertaken during design, construction & maintenance.
- Annually review the system of identification, assessment and control of workplace hazards and report on the effectiveness of the WH&S policy.
- Provide safe system of work.
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work & communications procedure by which this information is disseminated.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards.
- Ensure that employees and contractors are consulted in the process of risk management.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers to ensure their safety.
- Implement an injury management policy and generally provide support and assistance to employees.
Each management representative is accountable for implementing this policy in their area of responsibility explained in their position descriptions. This will be measured via their annual performance reviews. Management is responsible for:
- The provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe condition.
- Involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of health, safety and injury management policies and procedures. Training employees in the safe performance of their assigned tasks.
- Rectify any known or observed hazards/potential hazards as highlighted by an employee or contractor.
Employees and Contractors
- Follow all health and safety and injury management policies and procedures whilst on a Whitcon work site.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their immediate supervisor or manager.
Application of the Policy
This policy is applicable to all operations of this company. The WH&S System we have in place conforms to the NSW Government Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Guidelines, 4th edition and is located on our sites and office in either hard or soft copy format.
We are committed to consultation and co-operation between management and employees. We will consult with employees on any workplace change that will affect the health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors and the general public.